A high-end solution in a declining market, Flair Cleaners needed to change the story. Today, their customers talk about their commitment to the environment, their community outreach programs, and their exceptional quality and service. Flair Cleaners, the leading, eco-friendly dry cleaner in the Los Angeles area, realized it needed to rejuvenate its image to retain customers and attract a new generation.
After conducting research to identify key desirables among its audiences, we designed a multi-phased program to address their needs, wants and desires in a dry cleaning provider.
- Developed new messaging focusing on the environment, quality, convenience, and giving back
- Created a new website design and content including an online review system
- Established Facebook pages
- Direct marketing to customers including email, newsletters, and flash sales
- Annual Clothing & Shoe Drive benefitting local charities
- Rolled-out home delivery and pickup and an online customer portal on the website
- Expanded community outreach to include the Spring Food Drive
- Developed individual strategies to mitigate customer issues
- Defined monthly promotions based on ongoing input from customers
- Expanded community outreach to include quarterly events including the two existing programs, The Prom Dress Collection, and the Flair Cares About Curing Cancer program supporting nonprofits seeking cures to four different cancers.
- Defined an expanded social media program to include Instagram in 2020.
- Increased order size from existing customers by 15% and increased customer base by 35%
- Secured ongoing coverage in local and regional media – print, online and broadcast
- Increased customer review rating from an average of 3 stars to 4.8 stars
- Grew engaged social media community from a few hundred to nearly 11,000 locally targeted individuals